Image default

Preparation before going to the United States to study

After a hard application process, after getting a hard-won offer, do you think you can wait for admission? Going to study abroad is not the same as traveling. You have to stay in a foreign country for a year or even a few years, and you have to do a lot of preparation work.

To apply for a student visa, you need an I-20 issued by the US Immigration Service, which includes the student’s identity and basic information about the university. If the university does not include this document when you send the offer, you must contact or provide a clue. Passport page and proof of funds. Studying in the United States usually involves accommodation and is divided into school dorms or off-campus rentals. If you plan to stay on campus, you will need to apply for a residence in the application deadline mailed by the school. Unless the school does not provide accommodation for international students, it is recommended that students choose on-campus accommodation in the first year.

When an American school issues an offer letter, it will ask for relevant health and immunization certificates. Students should carefully read the school’s requirements for medical examination and promptly vaccinate the student (also known as 留学生疫苗). If the school provides a special medical examination information form, it needs to be printed together with a medical examination and then signed and stamped by the doctor and faxed to the school; if the school does not have specific requirements, follow the instructions of the inspection and quarantine center to issue an “International Travel Safety Certificate”. And the International Vaccination Certificate. It is very expensive to see a doctor in the United States, so it is especially important to buy medical insurance. There are two ways to buy insurance. The school recommends and buys it by yourself. Generally speaking, these insurances have discounts for college students.

In the United States, legal status issues need to be kept in mind. You are a student during school, but if you want to stay in the US after graduation, you need a new visa to guarantee your legal status. Generally, everyone will want to get a green card, but the schedule will be longer. You can ask the immigration lawyer (also known as 移民律师) to apply for it. You can apply for a work visa to continue your legal status, such as h1b visa, j1 visa (also known as j1签证), l1 visa (also known as l1签证), etc. h1b visa will be selected by more people. h1b visa materials (also known as h1b签证材料) are generally submitted in early April, but h1b has been rejected (also known as h1b被拒) in recent years.

Related posts

Why you need an immigration attorney

Adler Culver

How Can a Removal Company Make Things Easier for You?

Adler Culver