We all love to make improvements to our living space and most Australian homeowners invest in projects to make their living space more comfortable. When looking at home improvements, some would say it is an ongoing thing and there is no such thing as a finished property, rather it is constantly a work in progress.
If you are looking to add some character to your home, here are a few cost-effective ways to do just that.
- Elegant wall art – Take a look at Artwork Sydney and browse their exciting catalogue of fine wall art. Choose prints that are in keeping with the look of the property and remember, placement is everything when it comes to wall art. If you have large expanses of walls, framed prints are a great way of breaking things up. Exclusive wall art is a good long-term investment and you can find the best deals with the online supplier.
- Faux timber beams – One great way to add character to any property is to install faux timber beams. It might be in the kitchen, the lounge or the dining room and while these beams are not load-bearing, they do make an interior look very elegant, especially with the right décor.
- Add ceiling mouldings – It is a small job to fix mouldings to walls and ceilings, yet it does put your interior in a different class. There are many elegant designs to choose from and with a little filler and a couple of coats of paint, mouldings, skirtings and architraves can transform an interior.
- Brickwork cladding – Nothing adds character to an interior like brickwork cladding, which is very easy to install and can change the ambience of any room. There are different colours and finishes, so there will be something that looks right in your home. If you have some basic DIY skills, you are more than capable of fitting brickwork cladding.
- Wallpaper – This is one way to add character to a room; there are many different designs of wallpaper and a quick online search can show you a wide range of wallpaper designs that might be just what you are looking for.
- Engineered timber flooring – If you love the look and the feel of solid hardwood flooring, there are affordable alternatives in the form of engineered timber flooring. The product has a composite core with a real timber coating and it is much cheaper than solid hardwood and very easy to work with.
- LED light fittings – You could add a few antique-looking wall lights to make your living room look more distinguished, or a few ground-level light fittings can change the ambience. Dimmer switches also make a big difference, as they can instantly alter the ambience in a room.
Your home is the one place in the world where you should be able to relax and enjoy a little comfort and we hope that the above ideas offer you some inspiration to add some character to the interior of your home.