Beetles are in various shapes, colors, and sizes. Click beetles are long and slender, lady beetles and June beetles or June bugs have a rounded or oval shape. Some of them look like spider as well. Beetles have an advanced antenna and the mouthparts are meant for chewing. They have front wings called elytra that looks like shell. These wings are hard and look more like shell than wings. But more so ever, they have poor flying skills.
How Did Your Home Get Beetles?
Various materials attract particular types of beetles into houses and yards. Many of them look for preserved grains and food, while others look for garden plants, fabric or wood. Homeowners may unintentionally bring along pests in their house with the infested item. Beetles also seek shelter which brings them indoors. Some of them stay over winter to prevent the cold weather. They can permeate through cracks, gaps etc. They are also found hidden in:
- Firewood and lumber
- Potted plants
Are Beetles Problematic?
The beetles are classified into three basic groups which may require to treat the beetle infestation in your homes and offices.
Types of Problem Beetles:
- Fabric-infesting beetles
- Food product beetles
- Wood-destroying beetles
What do they damage?
- Packaged goods
How to Get Rid of Beetles?
- Some beetles can be easily get rid of with the help of vacuum or any other means of physical removal. The professional you hire will advise you on which of the beetles can be removed by this method.
- Check out your food stuff, clothes, and wooden furniture before bringing them into your house or office to help in getting rid of such problem. Moreover, the moisture control does help in getting rid of the beetle infestation. If there is an infestation in your home or office, replace and throw away the infested items like food stuff, clothes, or wooden items.
- There are many types of beetles which are attracted to lights inside a residence or an office. You can help yourself by reducing the brightness of lights and sealing away the small entrances into a structure which can help a lot in avoiding such problems.
- Practising good sanitation and getting rid of food that support the development of beetles and their reproduction can be achieved with the help of a vacuum or any other kind of mechanical removal.
- Implement the ‘first in, first out’ method in order to control both wood and food-damaging beetles. Prevent the accumulation of old clothes by cleaning out the closets on a regular basis to avoid or lessen the possibility of cloth beetle infestation.
Whitworth Pest Solutions Inc. thoroughly investigates your house to determine the type of beetle infestation in your homes and businesses and bring forth a treatment plan to follow to get rid of beetle infestation. It is important to conduct accurate identification so as to come up with an effective method.